12-16-2019 06:11 AM - edited 12-16-2019 06:12 AM
This "Service station stopped or Service station stalled" error message indicates that the printer has a problem with the print carriage.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer, and then raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place.The carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Use a flashlight to check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage, and then remove any paper or objects that you find.
CAUTION:If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur.
- Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and then manually move the carriage.
- If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the printer, move the carriage to the left side of the printer.
- If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.
- If the carriage is stuck in the middle of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.
- Remove any paper or obstructions found.
- Make sure the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer. Firmly push the carriage to the left side of the printer, and then push it to the right side.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.
- Try to print.
If the problem persists, please reset the printer as follows:
- On the front panel of the printer, click once on the location of the house (the house being inactive).
- Click once on the location of the return arrow (the arrow being inactive).
- Double-click on the location of the house (the house is inactive).
- A hidden menu will appear, click on Service Menu.
- Scroll to Resets Menu, and confirm with OK.
- Scroll to Semi-Full Reset, and confirm with OK.
- The printer will turn off, please turn it on again.
Do not hesitate to solicit us if needeed.
|I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.|
HP Expert support community HP France.