Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I tried to replace the Cyan cartridge in my printer it would not slide in all the way. I tried a second new cartridge and had the same problem. Then I tried to put the cartridge that was originally in the printer and it will not slide in. I removed the print head and tried again and the cartridge stops about half way.

Anyone have a suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fred_Berney Greetings from the HP Community!

Here's all you need to know about replacing the cartridge, the right way:

View this video on YouTube.

Replace the cartridges

Follow these steps to replace the cartridges.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull to open the cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the left side of the printer.

1. Slot for opening the cartridge access door

3. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.

4. Push in on the front of the cartridge to release it, and then pull it toward you to remove it from its slot.

Image: Remove the cartridge from its slot.

5. Remove the new cartridge from its package.

6. Hold the new cartridge so that the cartridge contacts face the printer.

7. Slide the new ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently push it forward until it snaps into place. Make sure the letter on the ink cartridge matches the letter on the slot.

caution:

Do not lift the latch handle on the carriage to insert ink cartridges. Doing so could cause the printhead or ink cartridges to be incorrectly seated, which could damage the print mechanism and cause printing problems.

Image: Insert the ink cartridge into its color-coded slot

8. Repeat these steps to install any other new cartridges.

9. Close the cartridge access door.

Image: Close the cartridge access door

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It still did not work. I finally go through to HP tech and they felt it was a bad print head and are sending me a new one.

Fred

HP Recommended

@Fred_Berney That would have been my next suggestion, although, I'm glad you think ahead and got the print head replaced,

If you need anything else, feel free get back to us anytime.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.