01-13-2020 01:37 PM
I set up the printer using the provided set -up ink cartridges.
when they were depleted, the blinking warning light was displayed on the printer.
I replaced the set up cartridges with new Black and Color cartridges but can not clear the warning lights.
Printer will not print? Any helpful ideas??
01-15-2020 04:49 PM
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns
Please try the following steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee