Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp office jet

I am trying to use my printer and this message comes up on the screen saying that i need to go to [instant ink] i need to know what i have to do today so that i can use my printer to work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Aneya,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Community!

Are you able to print using regular ink cartridges on the printer?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

Have you cancelled the instant ink contract?

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com”.

If you have enrolled for instant ink subscription try the steps recommended below.

• Connect Printer to Update HP Instant Ink Status

• If the printer is not connected to HP Connected you will be unable to print soon

• Cannot print - Press OK to connect printer to update status

• Press OK to connect printer so replacement cartridge can be ordered

• Press OK to connect printer to update status

To address this message and to make sure you receive replacement ink cartridges on time, connect your printer to the Internet, and then verify the connection status on your HP Instant Ink account page.

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com".

This message would normally appear if there is a billing issue with the Instant Ink service. (sometimes it represents a connection issue) If you have enrolled in the Instant Ink program and failed to cancel the service properly.  

If you look at the printers Ink cartridges do they say Instant Ink on them? If they do, you can swap them out for regular store bought cartridges. The printer should then work. 

If you have issues registering in instant ink. Please share instant ink details in a private message, so I can check the records and help you with the issue.

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink. Click Here

Hope to hear from you soon!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.