Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I can't change my printer preferences. I have a function address protection fault and error code.
Thank You for contacting HP.
We would like to understand what is the error message you are getting. Please mention the exact error message.
Also try the steps below:-
1) Remove the Ink Cartridges, clean the golden copper contacts on the cartridges using lint free cloth and water.
2) Leave for drying for 2 minutes, then Reinstall the cartridges.
3) Also connect the unit directly to a wall outlet.
4) Pull the trays, ensure no jammed papers are there,
5) Also lift the top cover and check the carriage area for any jam.
6) There is a cover inside, remove the cover to check for any jam, remove anything found.
7) Install the cover back, close the top cover.
😎 Power off and Power on the printer and check the results.
9) Make a Copy on the printer from the Printer screen and check how it goes.
10) If copying works fine and you are still unable to change the printing preferences then you need to uninstall and reinstall the software.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community