Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get the print to print on both sides.  The printer is in duplex and works with Word but does not work with Acrobat DC.  I have tried reinstalling everything multiple times and cannot get it to work.  Print Doctor doesn't solve it. What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@whoch,

I just tested with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Works with my HP 8620 Pro.

Manual is shown here, see pg23

To print on both sides of the page (Windows)1.From your software, select Print.2.Make sure your printer is selected.3.Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.Depending on your software application.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi,

What exact steps are taken?

The printer supports manual duplexing only, an Officejet 3830 printer does not offer any automatic duplex capabilities:

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04711482

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have done precisely what is on Page 23 and works for Word documents but does not work for Acrobat DC documents.  I need someone who has technical experience to help me.  Please read my original message before you reapply.

HP Recommended

I have a OfficeJet 3830 printer which will not print on both sides when printing a Acrobat file but works fine when I print a Word document.  I've been converting my .pdf's into .docx then printing it.  I don't mind manually flipping the print by the short edge to finish the printing but I do mind the extra step I have to take to convert it every time.   I contacted Abode and they explained to me that is a HP problem.  I also checked with Toshiba, my computer, and with HP my other computer (it doesn't work in the exact same way on my HP ENVY).  Obviously, it's a mistake in the program that even Print Doctor can't fix.  I'm using Windows 10 version 1909.  Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.