01-26-2020 03:49 PM
I am trying to install a new HP Deskjet 2632 to my laptop for use at a remote location. I have the same model printer for use at home already installed. I cannot seem to install the new printer. Advice please.
01-29-2020 08:42 AM
@BSB62 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to install the printer drivers for windows 8.1 operating system.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
I would suggest you install the HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software and check.
Replacing/reconnecting/changing your wireless router, try here.
* Reset your printer back to Network Defaults. Then run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect. Both can be accessed from the front panel or computer. If no front panel for configuration, you must use your Printer USB cable to connect. You can also try the WPS method if your router/printer supports this only if the Wizard or Printer USB cable is not available. Read your User Guide for info.
* Wireless printers only connect to the 2.4G band in your router. The router must have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different SSID name than your 5.0G SSID band in your router.
* Set router to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’. Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.
* Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.
* Make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.
Make and model of modem and router?
However, if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity. If this does not work, suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high-quality router that YOU have full control over.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!