12-19-2019 03:33 AM
I have a HP Envy 4527 all in one printer wirelessly connected to my laptop.
My ink cartridges are brand new- I have run alignment and cleaning and they have come out in colour fine
My driver is up to date
My spooler has been cleared
There is no option in printing preferences for greyscale or colour
I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer
I have run several printing troubleshooters and it says all is fine
But I still cant print in colour from multiple programs
12-21-2019 01:52 PM
Since the Quality Diagnostic Page and cleaning test prints in color, please try these steps
I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
I Am An HP Employee
12-21-2019 03:26 PM - edited 12-21-2019 03:28 PM
I´m having the same issue. I have tried to uninstall driver as you explained but still I can´t print in colour. I can print in colour from my iPhone, copy pages and so on. So the hardware works fine.
Any more ideas?
12-21-2019 04:51 PM
Try printing from HP Smart App and let me know if that works
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
12-22-2019 05:46 AM - edited 12-22-2019 05:47 AM
Please try step# 1 to 13 to un-install the printer and then try adding the printer using the IP address -
- Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
- Choose “Printers & scanners“.
- Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
- Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
- Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
- Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
- Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
- Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Let me know.
Have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee