Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanna1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Desk Jet 3639. I changed the black ink cartridge last night and now it does not print.

Desk Jet 3639

Hello,

I have a Desk Jet 3639 printer, which worked fine until last night when it ran out of black ink. The colour ink cartridge has been finished for sometime, but did not seem to affect the black and white printing, which is what I was doing. I changed the black cartridge to a new HP black cartridge and the symbol showed one full one as it should. However, there was no print when I continued with the printing. And nothing seems to be wrong on the outside, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,298 2,298 104 184
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Desk Jet 3639. I changed the black ink cartridge last night and now it does not print.

@Sanna1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print in black.

Please let me know if you are using HP genuine ink cartridges.

Have you removed the orange color tape?

Please perform the hard reset and check for the issue.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on. 

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. 

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. 

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 

5. Wait at least 60 seconds. 

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. 

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed 

If the issue still persists, please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04626969

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation