12-30-2019 08:40 AM
When I print, there is one portion of each page that does not print. The rest of the document prints perfectly. Only one portion in the middle of each page. It almost looks like it skipped printing a couple of letters, but it is always in the same spot.
01-01-2020 11:45 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
For now, let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee