Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Acer chromebook 14 CB3-431
Chrome OS

I need to know how to connect my old deskjet1510 to my new chromebook but I have no manual.  It was not a wi fi printer but have cable to connect to chromebook

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Joy4562 

The problem is not a missing manual, unfortunately.

I think it will not work - although the Chromebook is new - the older printer cannot support the option.

In spite of the fact that the Chromebook looks like a computer, it is essentially a mobile device with a larger screen and a keyboard.  Most everything is done via your network - even your tools (software) live in the cloud instead of on the Chromebook itself.  The printer is not built to handle this type of environment.

From the documents in Category How to

Topic Print

Subtopic Print Apps, ePrint or Mobile Printing

Printing with the HP Print for Chrome App

Section FAQ > Which printers support the HP Print for Chrome app?

Excerpted

The HP Print for Chrome app supports a wide range of HP printers.

For detailed information about which HP printers support the HP Print for Chrome app, go to Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers.

References

User Guide

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer series

OR

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.