Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought a Deskjet 3700 printer in Colombia. Regularly travel between Colombia and UK. In UK can I use 304 cartridges instead of the recommended 664 in Colombia

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No,

The printer needs to be reset to change regions, and this is a limited process.

Regardless, HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3700 printer uses HP 652 cartridges in Europe, not 302 (302 cartridges are used by an HP Deskjet 3700 printer, this is a different model).

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage cartridges are not available in the UK and your printer does not have any compatible ink cartridges available in the UK, the Deskjet Ink Advantage series is only available in select countries, not in any Western European countries

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. However, it seems a shame that HP should make an excellent little printer ideal for people like me constantly moving between countries and then to deliberately make it impossible to do that. Why does it have to be reset. I have checked online and can get the cartridges you mention over the internet in the UK so why can I just use the printer with the same laptop in the UK using those cartridges?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.