10-21-2019 06:52 PM
Incompatible cartridge message although they are manufactured by HP
10-24-2019 01:37 PM
@hoser13, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Make sure you are using compatible ink cartridges
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Clean the cartridge and carriage electrical contacts
Perform solution three mentioned in this document.
If the issue persists, try printing in single cartridge mode. Insert one ink cartridge at a time and try printing to identify the defective ink cartridge.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee