Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet pro 8500 a909g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I changed the print head and I keep receiving a alignment failed error message. It worked fine before changing the print head.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi...thanks. My printer is out of warranty so I don't want to have to pay. It was working fine before I changed the print head. I'm guessing it's a pretty simple solution. Will I have to pay for an answer?

HP Recommended

Great! I will call. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Please be advised:

Do not accept the number of any service claimed to be provided by HP. If you are being contacted by an HP employee, you will know by the orange indicator next to the name stating their role on this platform. 

Any other user providing service numbers are likely spammer. 

Please make sure to read carefully all of the steps necessary to keep your private information safe on this public platform. 

Regards,

Arthur-c

HP Recommended

Thanks Arthur-C. When I called the number, I could tell it was a scam. I told the guy I was going to call HP to check it out first and he got mad. Pretty obvious! Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Arthur-C, I see his posts are no longer on here? Did someone remove them or did he?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Any spammers that provide service numbers are immediately removed from the Community. 

If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Good idea...thank you!

HP Recommended

@Annie5977

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8500a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-a910/4083864...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty. I just got done trying your suggestion...plus I tried all the other suggestions recommended for the "alignment failed" error message. All the print/test pages look beautiful so this is very frustrating! When the printer attempts to align, it prints out a page that only has the top row on it. The rest of the page is blank. However, all the other pages when printing a test page and calibrating are perfect.  Every time I print something out, the printer attempts to align itself by going through the long process and printing out the mostly empty page but using a lot of ink! Not sure where the inks going as there is barely any ink on the page? This issue only started after I replaced the black/yellow print head. Could the print head be bad? Thanks for your help! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.