Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KEH29
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got a used HP Officejet Pro 6230 from my Mom. Can't seem to connect it to Wifi.

I just got a used HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer from my Mom. It worked fine at her house but I can't seem to connect it to Wifi at my house. I can't get the printer to show up on either my Macbook or my iPad. I tried following the instructions to set up Wifi. I held down the Wifi button on the printer for three seconds, then held down the WPS button on my router for three seconds, then waited two minutes, then tried to add the printer on my Macbook but no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong . . .

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
26,411 26,135 4,662 10,267
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got a used HP Officejet Pro 6230 from my Mom. Can't seem to connect it to Wifi.

Hi,

Hold down both the WiFi and the Cancel buttons till the power button starts blinking, next follow 'Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel > Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app' below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation