01-17-2020 04:01 PM
I'm getting black squares in part of the images I am printing
01-20-2020 03:15 PM
Thank you for joining HP Community.
Try to make a black copy and check if you facing the same issue.
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Then, follow the troubleshooting steps in the below document.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8720-all-in-one-printer-series/7902032/documen... for Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues
Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8720-all-in-one-printer-series/7902032/documen... for Resolving Copy Problems
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee