Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (63 Views)

I'm not clear on what it means when my HP6500A ink display says "HP920 Intro"

Product Name: HP 6500A
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recall seeing the original cartridges that came with the printer being ID's as "intro"  I have nvere noticed replacement genuine HP inks purchased at retail being identified as such.  I became aware of this after I purchased a three pack of the color cartridges and after only printing a dozen or so pages my blue was empty. Needles to say nowhere close to the normal expected yield. Checking the ink levels showed the "Intro" is that normal, or did I get a mispacked set.  The store exchanged for another set, unfortunately same batch and it also shows Inro. Please clarify this. Printer appears to be working fine otherwise. Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (44 Views)

Re: I'm not clear on what it means when my HP6500A ink display says "HP920 Intro"

Hi! @augieo, Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand when you use ink cartridges on your printer you are getting error intro cartridges.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing a different application?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Please provide the operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned when you use ink cartridges on your printer you are getting error intro cartridges.

Try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware and c: https://hp.care/2qGhyVl

If the copy works fine try the steps recommended below. 

Also, try printing a test page from your printer and check if the issue persists.

Uninstall the full feature printer software from root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

Try the steps recommended below.

Make sure that the cartridges are installed correctly

Follow these steps to check the cartridges.

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product, if it is not already on.

2. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Illustration: Open the cartridge access door.

CAUTION:

Wait until the carriage stops moving before you proceed.

3. Make sure that the colored shape icon on each cartridge label matches the colored shape icon on the carriage slot.

Figure : Matching colored shape icons

Illustration of matching color shape icons
  4. Run a finger along the top of the cartridges to detect unseated cartridges in the carriage. Press down on any cartridge that is slightly higher than the others to snap it firmly into place.

5. Close the cartridge access door.

6. Check to see if the message displays again.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot ink cartridge issues with your printer. Link: https://hp.care/2HDTOIf

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try replacing the ink cartridge or please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! :)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (33 Views)

Re: I'm not clear on what it means when my HP6500A ink display says "HP920 Intro"

Thanks for all the problem solving tips, not sure I need any of them. Please answer the question I asked I'm not clear on what it means when my HP6500A ink display says "HP920 Intro"  

Thank You

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (29 Views)

@augieo, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

SETUP ink cartridges are used only to set up a new HP printer or printhead and supply ink for the first series of your print jobs. They are specially designed to initialize a printer and calibrate ink levels. Unlike replacement ink cartridges, SETUP ink cartridges cannot be purchased from retailers and are available only in the box with a new printer or with some replacement printhead kits. When a SETUP ink cartridge is depleted, purchase and use a normal ink cartridge that matches your printer model to continue printing.

Also, try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform a semi-full reset on your printer is confidential, I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! :)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation