Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to print a label to the face of the CD 2 to 4 times a week. I just record an audio (mp3), then add tracks with Audacity and make a car audio style CD of the recording (track style) on a CD. The label only needs text It does not need an image, but of course an image would be a nice touch but not necessary. I'd like to keep the cost down, I am not a publisher. I have been buying HP printers for a VERY long time, say since the wide format HP 2500C. I now have and use just about every day an HP Officejet 7610. I wonder if there is a way to mount a CD onto a cardboard carrier and print the label directly to the face of the CD using the (thin) cardboard carrier as if printing on cardstock (through from the back as with the C2500). It would be VERY nice to do this with my current selection of printers. Please tell me what printer will do this with the least amount of trouble from the current HP stock. I looked on newegg, they are out of HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One Printer.
They also did not post their price for it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The HP Photosmart Premium c310a has the ability to print directly on CD's.  Also the Photosmart D5460, D5463, D5468, and D7560 Printers, see here.

It is not likely possible to retrofit a printer that was not designed for CD printing, the paper path and thickness of the media are too different from normal plain paper or even heavy photo paper.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for a list of printers that can print directly on a CD / DVD.  I hope this question and answer helps others.
I enjoy the HP brand, would prefer to find an HP product that will print directly to the face of a CD / DVD. This list gives me some research and I looked on the forum, there did not seem to be much of a guide when doing product selection. If you want feedback from me, then it would be  handy to have this "Prints directly onto a CD/DVD" somewhere so the search criteria picks up the querry and proceeds. There must be 10 ways to word the same question. Thank you for a quick reply.

Warren
Paperpusher_CD

wlp

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.