Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2545
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi everyone

I BROUGHT MY PRINTER HP DESKJET FROM CHILE TO GERMANY.  I BOUGHT NEW CARTRIDGES, THE 650 ONES AND THE PRINTER  DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE CARTRIDGES, and besides APPEARS DISCONNECTED  and I CANNOT USE IT.

Please help me.

Best Regards,

Carolina

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Carolina,

Is it an HP Deskjet 2545 or an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 printer?

Where have you bought the HP 650 ink cartridges from, and are those genuine HP ink cartridges? I highly doubt these are sold in Germany.

HP Support in Germany will only able to reset a printer where there are matching cartridges available in Germany, not if the don't have any compatible ink cartridges available in Germany.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Schlomi,

Thanks for your soon reply.

It is an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 printer.

The cartridges were buy by amazon: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01150EJT6/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

They claim, the cartridges are original.

Which kind of cartridges do you suggest me to buy and where.

Thanks so much for your time.

Best regards,

Carolina

HP Recommended

Hi, I did not get a new answer for my question. Indeed I have to say that the  German HP website recommends cartridge number 301 that I did bought and They aren't appropriate for this printer but for the 2540 one. These problems are getting into my nerves because I need a functional printer and I have wasted time and money.

I appreciate your help in solving this issue.

Best,

CarolinaU

HP Recommended

Hi Carolina,

Apologies for my late response, contacting HP Support in Germany would be the best option, a support representative will be able to provide you the most accurate answer for a such, due to local processes and compatibility of the printer in the local market.

Please contact HP Support via Facebook, be sure to clearly describe the situation that you have moved with the printer from Chile:

https://de-de.facebook.com/HPSupport

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, Schlomi

please give me another option. I do not have Facebook and I don´t want to open my account again, it is too invasive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.