Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 4640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I removed a hp printer; however, I keep getting the following .dll error everytime I boot up. How do I remove it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@fabiohorta2006

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Where do you see this error message? 

Are you able to copy?

Figure : Example of RunDLL error

Example of RunDLL error

To prevent this error from displaying, delete the Monitor Ink Alerts shortcut icon from your Windows startup folder.

Step 1: Make sure hidden files are shown

Depending on your Windows preferences, some files might be hidden to prevent accidental alterations or deletions.

1. Search Windows for folder options, and then click Folder Options from the list of results.

2. Click the View tab.

3. Select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Continue to the next step.

Step 2: Delete the Monitor Ink Alerts shortcut icon

Delete the printer shortcut icon from the Windows startup folder.

1. Open your Windows startup folder.

• Windows 8, 10

Use file explorer to browse to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

• Windows Vista, 7

Click Start, All Programs, right-click Startup, and then click Open.

2. Select the shortcut icon labeled Monitor Ink Alerts - <printer name> or Monitor Cartridge Alerts - <printer name>, and then press the Delete key.

The printer shortcut icon is deleted.

NOTE: 

If there is more than one shortcut icon, only delete the icon that matches the name of the printer that was uninstalled.

3. Restart the computer.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.