06-24-2019 02:41 PM
Suddenly out of the blue, my Macbook Pro still started saying my HP Officejet Pro 8610 is offline. Did all of HPs online diagnostics and still it says printer is not connected. Out of 3 yr warranty last month! Help!
06-26-2019 04:50 PM
I will require few details to be able to assist you better
- Are you trying to connect through USB or wireless?
- Do you have any Anti-virus software installed on your MAC?
If you are trying to connect wirelessly please restart your Router Printer and Mac. Check if that helps. If not then check the following details
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Ensure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
-Note:- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. Do not connect it to 5 GHz Network incase your Router supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, then the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Please check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.
Also check for WiFi interference and perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display or by printing a Network Configuration Page
Keep me posted 😋
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee