02-07-2019 06:13 AM
Inserted new printer cart and recieved "incompatable ink cart" message.
No troubleshooting has helped
02-11-2019 11:52 AM - edited 02-11-2019 11:53 AM
A warm welcome to HP Support Community!
Most of the ink cartridge error's can be resolved by power resetting the printer and cleaning the ink cartridges. Let's try these steps:
Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you can download and install the latest firmware update from here.
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Clean the ink cartridges, refer to step 4 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
11-22-2019 02:37 PM
I just bought two different sets of ink (one from Amazon and one from HP). Neither are working. Both full sets (C,M,Y,K) give me the incompatible cartridge message. I have tried the "hard reset" instructions I found in another thread. This is did not help. None of the links in this thread are working. (HP Officejet 8600 Plus)
11-26-2019 12:24 AM
@nhbosox27, Welcome to HP Support Community!
If you have already performed the steps from the document Ink Cartridge Errors and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee