Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 2135
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have just changed my black ink cartridge and now, it won't work. It is installed correctly and it is Number 664. The little orange light keeps flashing. I have taken it out and put it back in, but no luck. What's going on? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@shirleyvdm, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow troubleshooting steps from this document HP DeskJet 2130, 2529 Printers - Ink Cartridge Errors.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer/computer. 

Hope this helps! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have spent 2 hours looking for and following solutions online to my problem and nothing works. So, now what? I am in Ecuador, so not able to find authorized service where I am. Are you saying there is a mechanical type of problem?

HP Recommended

@shirleyvdm

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I've already gone to HP sites for help and have done everything except buy a new cartridge.  Nothing works. I really hate having to buy another and there is no way to get my money back for the problem cartridge here in Ecuador. I guess I have no other option. I am afraid it won't work either.

HP Recommended

@shirleyvdm

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.