Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7510
iOS

Hi,

When I try to print images on my HP Officejet 7510 the images come out much darker than I had expected. 
The images are much darker and do not look good. I have no idea what is wrong with the printer.

Regards,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PrintingAcc

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue you are facing with your Photosmart printer.

Which version of iOS are you using?

Try making a standalone copy of a picture on a regular document and check if that prints fine. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Have you tried printing from a different device and check if the issue persists?

Also, make sure both the devices are up-to-date

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Click here to know how to check for updates on your iOS device.

Check the estimated ink levels

On the printer control panel, touch the Ink Level Indicator icon . Replace any low or empty ink cartridges.

Use HP Smart app to print

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @PrintingAcc

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue you are facing with your Photosmart printer.

Which version of iOS are you using?

Try making a standalone copy of a picture on a regular document and check if that prints fine. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Have you tried printing from a different device and check if the issue persists?

Also, make sure both the devices are up-to-date

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Click here to know how to check for updates on your iOS device.

Check the estimated ink levels

On the printer control panel, touch the Ink Level Indicator icon . Replace any low or empty ink cartridges.

Use HP Smart app to print

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you so much, I changed a cartridge and used the app and am getting much better results. The prints are a little darker than I had expected still though, but I assume it is because my screen is so bright.

I tried copying a photo I had, and found that the image still came out much darker than the original photo. I then changed the black ink cartridge and found that the image copied perfectly.

Thanks Kumar!

HP Recommended

I also found that using the HP app, I got much better image quality. 

HP Recommended

@PrintingAcc

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.