Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy photo 7134

Bonjour,

Je ne sais pas s'il y a de francophones ici. mais je demande au cas où ça serait le cas.

J'ai une imprimante HP Envy Photo 7134.  J'ai un abonnement HP Smart et selon les informations que j'ai, mon niveau d'encre est encore élevé. J'ai beau faire tous les nettoyages possibles, la qualité d'impression reste mauvaise, surtout avec le noir : différence d'intensité du noir dans le texte imprimé, stries. ..

Est ce que quelqu'un aurait des conseils ?  J'en ai ras le bol j'avoue...

Merci !

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Bonjour @Laura1830 ,

Welcome to the English HP Support-Community. 😉

As I understand your post, you are using HP Instant Ink but the black print quality is bad. Is that correct? If so, please try these steps:

Take a handkerchief and the black cartridge. Now press the cartridge like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, black colored strip. Is this the case?
If there is no or very little ink on the handkerchief, moisten the handkerchief slightly and press the cartridge again, this time for about 30 seconds on it, until more ink comes out.
Afterwards, re-insert the cartridge and run a cartridge clean, if necessary.

What is the result?

I am looking forward to your feedback!!

Cheers

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hello Nils and thanks a lot for your message !

I just did what you said and there is a black color strip as you thouht it could have after the first step : 3 seconds on the handkerchief). (Sorry for my bad english ^^)

So I don't understand 😐. I ran a print test ansd it was the same : not perfect but correct for the colors and bad for the black.

Thank you again for trying to help 😊

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Laura1830 wrote:

So I don't understand 😐. I ran a print test ansd it was the same : not perfect but correct for the colors and bad for

I am not so sure myself but together, we'll find the problem!😊

Are there any error messages on the printer's display? Please try a reset by following these steps:

1. Turn on the printer and wait until it stops making noise
2. Remove both cartridges and close the access door.
3. Now, with the printer on, unplug the power plug from the back of the printer and wait 60 seconds.
4. now plug in the power cable and put the cartridges back in.

In addition to that, please update the printer's firmware. You'll find the setup on this hyperlink:

@Laura1830 wrote:

(Sorry for my bad english ^^)

I think your english is quite good! 🙂

Cheers

Nils

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

HP Recommended

Hi Nils, sorry for being so long to answer back !

When I run the link for the update, no printer appears, the window is empty... hum hum...mysterious... does that indicate that my printer doesn't need any uptade ?

And I did what you suggested and nothing changed. I wish I could send you pictures for you to see how the printing quality is bad. I bought a better quality paper but with no results. The only way for me to have a printing quality not that awful is to choose 1200 PPP, in the settings before printing. It seems that there is no issue to my problem....

Thank you again for your help !

Laura

HP Recommended

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply.

When you say the window is empty, do you mean that you managed to download the file but it won't install correctly?

@Laura1830 wrote:

I wish I could send you pictures for you to see how the printing quality is bad.

You can do that! 😊

On the toolbar at the texteditor, there is a "Insert Photos" button. By clicking on it, you can choose an image to upload. It would definitely help to find the problem if you would upload some samples.

Texteditor.PNG

Cheers!

Nils

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.