Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incompatible Ink Cartridge message with HP cartridge installed

HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

NUMEROUS threads/questions on this issue. New "geniune HP" cartridges are installed and we receive "Incompatible Ink Cartridge" as an error message. The only viable solutions I have seen are to use the old, accepted cartridges and refill them or buy a new different brand printer. This is a serious issue with HP mentality to fill up the landfills with these perfectly fine machines and no fix?! YEP - I'm in the "buy a new non-HP printer" category...sometimes you have to know when to cut your losses and move on to a better company. Bye, Felicia!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,013 2,003 95 118
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incompatible Ink Cartridge message with HP cartridge installed

Hi @FrustratedPam

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

I have escalated your issue to HP’s Support Team in your region. They will review and check for possible options available, if any, to resolve your issue.  You should be contacted within 2-4 business days (this does not include weekends or holidays).  Response times may vary by region

Hope this helps

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation