Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500

We have an HP Envy 4500 printer bought in Germany. It says inside it uses 301 cartridges. As we lived in Latin America the past four years, we have there used 122 cartridges as these are the once allowed from HP for use in Latin America. Now, back in Germany, we needed a new cartridge and bought a new 301 cartridge. However, we get error messages (cartridge not intended for use with this printer). What do we do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

To get warranty coverage you will need to go to the Contact HP page, then enter the information for your printerAt this point it will likely say "Manufacturer's warranty has expired"  To the right of this it will say "See details".  Click the "See details" link, which will open another page with more details.  Near the bottom of the text will be a paragraph that says : 

HP has checked your product information, including the product and serial numbers, to determine your warranty results.The legal warranty expiration date is based on the date of purchase, as indicated on your receipt. If you feel these results are incorrect, you may submit a dispute for review. Dispute this >  

Click on the "Dispute this" link which will ask for some additional contact information.  Fill out the contact information, then in the bottom section select:  

Dispute reason  

Issue with my Accessories, Supplies and/or Software. 

In the comment section indicate that you need a regionalization reset..

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

To get warranty coverage you will need to go to the Contact HP page, then enter the information for your printerAt this point it will likely say "Manufacturer's warranty has expired"  To the right of this it will say "See details".  Click the "See details" link, which will open another page with more details.  Near the bottom of the text will be a paragraph that says : 

HP has checked your product information, including the product and serial numbers, to determine your warranty results.The legal warranty expiration date is based on the date of purchase, as indicated on your receipt. If you feel these results are incorrect, you may submit a dispute for review. Dispute this >  

Click on the "Dispute this" link which will ask for some additional contact information.  Fill out the contact information, then in the bottom section select:  

Dispute reason  

Issue with my Accessories, Supplies and/or Software. 

In the comment section indicate that you need a regionalization reset..

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much, worked fine, problem solved!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.