Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
How DeskJet GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

All was well for a tear until last week. All of a sudden I am getting incompatible cartridge for tri Colour. Per the document HP DeskJet GT 5810, 5820 Printers - 'Incompatible' or 'Ink Cartridges Missing' Error, it states not follow the below steps. Printer is just a year old. And this was 2nd HP printer. Request any solution which I consider to fix the problem. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for visiting HP Support Forum,

I would like to recommend you to follow the below steps from the document. 

Document URL  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04894171

addition to that, remove the tri color cartridge and clean the copper contact with soft cloth or with soft tissue paper and then reinstall the tri color and then check.

Hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Hi,

addition to that, remove the tri color cartridge and clean the copper contact with soft cloth or with soft tissue paper and then reinstall the tri color and then check.

Hope this helps

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Hi,

Addition to that, remove the tri color cartridge and clean the copper contact with soft cloth or with soft tissue paper and then reinstall the tri color and then check.

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

I tired doing it. It didn't help me. Any other solutions other than replacing head? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you have already cleaned the copper contact of printhead & Reinstalled an issue persists.

The other options ;

1, Download then update the latest printer firmware version from HP Product support page.

2. Update the firmware , restart the printer to check.

If still the issue perist then replace the print head

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.