Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi jdogsaleen,

Are the cartridges you are using, new HP brand ink cartridges?

I am linking a troubleshooting guide for the Incompatible Ink Cartridge Error.  Click Here  I suggest that you take a look at this and do any steps not done, especially cleaning the cartridge contacts.  Let me know if that helps.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have a HP Photosmart 5510 bought in UK. I now moved to US and bought 564 ink cartridges Combo-pack, which should be compatible according to HP information web. The error message "Incompatible black cartridge" comes up at the window.

I have tried everything which is suggested on this site, without any luck.

What to do?

HP Recommended

@Kjelleviking wrote:

Hi!

I have a HP Photosmart 5510 bought in UK. I now moved to US and bought 564 ink cartridges Combo-pack, which should be compatible according to HP information web. The error message "Incompatible black cartridge" comes up at the window.

I have tried everything which is suggested on this site, without any luck.

What to do?

Hi, as you've moved from the UK to the US you'll need to contact HP Phone Support for a region reset.....

Finding and Installing Cartridges after Moving to Another Country

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Finding-and-installing-cartridges-...

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I think this is a software issue. I have two D110s and a 6100, all in different locations. I never had the "incompatible cartridge" message until I got a new laptop and my IT guys updated the HP software for my printers. Now I get the message on all 3 printers. I've reset them, pulled and replaced cartirdges, installed new cartidges. cleaned contacts, etc., all to no avail. The cartridges are all original, unmolested, genuine HP cartridges.

As an experiment, I tried printing from my old laptop. It has the original software that we didn't update and the error message does not appear - everything prints just fine. This is a pretty good indication that the software is at fault.

HP, do you have a patch for this?

HP Recommended

hello, can we do something with a : Envy 5540 ?

HP Recommended
I have envy 4500 had same problem. cleaned and now fixed
HP Recommended

I tried your steps and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.