• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incompatible tri-colored ink cartridge

HP Deskjet 3510 e-All-in-One

I have a HP Deskjet 3510 e-All-in-One Printer, yes it is out of warranty but it doesn't get used all that often and still works great... until now.  I get a incompatible tri-colored ink cartridge error message and none of the online troubleshooting suggestions help/.

I am a teacher working from home during COVID-19 and was printing things to mail my first graders when I noticed the colored ink was fading.  After the job finished I replaced the HP61 ink cartridge with a brand new HP61 cartridge and it reads error incompatible cartridge.  I removed it, did every trick I read online already with no luck.  If I put the old HP ink cartridge in that was working but running out of ink it even causes that cartridge to read incompatible now.

I am able to print with just black if I remove the tri-colored cartridge but this is a brand new cartridge from HP, there is no reason this should be happening and HP not help.  I attempt to speak to an agent and I am unable to because I don't have a case ID number.  I am not able to get a case ID number because my printer is not under warranty.  This is how HP assists their customers?  Sorry out of luck?  This is aggravating and frustrating to deal with and not be able to receive help troubleshooting.  I am basically being told if I want to print in colored ink I need to buy a new printer because there is no one to help and the online help suggestions through their 'virtual agent' are zero help.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,331 10,311 777 771
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incompatible tri-colored ink cartridge

@Lindsay2488, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation