Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having problems printing so I used the Clean Cartridges and Align Printer commands in the Printer Maintenance screen on the printer.  When a Printer Quality Diagnostic  page is printed the letters on the page are incomplete by maybe 10% and the Align Printer section is barely printed.

Print Quality.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Buddylats ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community and thank you for the picture!

Remove both cartridges from the printer and turn them upside down for about an hour. After that procedure, take a handkerchief and both cartridge. Now press the cartridges like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, colored strip. Is there also cyan on the handkerchief?

Actually, I think that you need to replace the tri-color cartridge. I believe that cyan is empty.

What is the result?

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Buddylats ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community and thank you for the picture!

Remove both cartridges from the printer and turn them upside down for about an hour. After that procedure, take a handkerchief and both cartridge. Now press the cartridges like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, colored strip. Is there also cyan on the handkerchief?

Actually, I think that you need to replace the tri-color cartridge. I believe that cyan is empty.

What is the result?

Cheers!

Nils

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

HP Recommended

Hi Nils,

Thanks.  Everything seems to be working.

Appreciate your quick response.

Buddylats

HP Recommended

Hi Buddylats,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am glad that your printer is working perfectly again! 😃

If you have any further questions, you know where to find us. 😉

Cheers!

Nils

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.