Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a printer while living in Spain, I have now returned to the US. I need my printer to reconize the hp60 cartridge. I have a complete set on hand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It will probably be Monday before the Facebook support folks are back.  The escalation I requested will likely take a few days.  Someone from HP should contact you through Private Messaging, they will request some additional information.  Be sure to check the profile of the user that contacts you and make sure they are from HP.  Do not post private information in the forum, use only Private Messaging.

When you have a Private Message available there will be a number in the envelope icon in the upper right of the page.  Click on the envelope to access the Private Message system.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Send them a message on their HP support Facebook page:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne... 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

I have also seen folks having good success posting to the HP Support Facebook page here.

Please post back here with your results, especially if you require more assistance.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I am realy having a hard time finding a number to call. Everything I have read says I need to talk to an agent?

HP Recommended

I will ask to have your case escalated.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help so far, I still can't figure out how to call HP. I did post to HP's Facebook page and am still waiting a reply.

HP Recommended

It will probably be Monday before the Facebook support folks are back.  The escalation I requested will likely take a few days.  Someone from HP should contact you through Private Messaging, they will request some additional information.  Be sure to check the profile of the user that contacts you and make sure they are from HP.  Do not post private information in the forum, use only Private Messaging.

When you have a Private Message available there will be a number in the envelope icon in the upper right of the page.  Click on the envelope to access the Private Message system.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I want to thank you for your help. I am in contacted with an HP agent via Facebook, my wife's account. It seems odd that I couldn't do via email. A lot of people don't do Facebook. Anyway I think I am good.

regards,

Matt

HP Recommended

I am glad this is resolved.  You may still be contacted by the escalation folks by private messaging, please let them know you no longer need their help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.