Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I installed Ink Advantage cartridge 680 in my HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675 Printer.  While shopping from HP website, it was clearly indicated that this toner is compatible.  However, I get message from the printer that this is not a compatible toner cartridge and fail to print my requests.  Can any one help me to address this issue.  Thank you in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@abbasns,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I see from your post that you are getting Incompatible ink cartridge on your HP DeskJet printer. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to use the old ink cartridge and check if that works?

Have you tried to clean the electrical contact on the cartridge?

Have you tried to update the printer firmware?

Please find the compatible Ink cartridges with your HP DeskJet Printer: 

Let's start off by updating the printer firmware. If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update on your printer from our HP support website, using this link. Once done, restart the printer. For more details on how to update, please use this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to do a hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - 'Incompatible Ink Cartridge' or 'Ink Cartridges Missing' Error Displays

Alternatively, you can also go through the video - Click here

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Jeet Singhji,

Thanks a lot for your prompt and detailed response.  I will act according to instructions provided by you to resolve the issue.  I shall come back to you with the  outcome as a result of the action taken.

Thank you once again for the prompt support.

Regarsds.

HP Recommended

@abbasns,

Thank you for replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.