Did you mean: 
GeorgeT46
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ink Cardridges

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP  DeskJet 2623 and I am extremely disappointed with the ink cartridges. The original (in the box) was OK,  printed close 200 pages.  Since than I purchased three 65 XL  Black cartridges (the colour is still the original), Last cartidge purchased the 19 Oct 2019. None of the cartridges managed to print more that 200 pages, and all that despite the fact that I print on "DRAFT", and the pages are only about 60 percent filled. I find it very difficult to believe that a company like HP will fail to produce cartridges as promised. An XL cartridge should print at least 300 full normal pages. At $48 per cartridge, that's a lot of money for a pensioner. One cartridge every three weeks.  

I am very disappointed. DO others have the same problem? I can not blame the printer, it works fine. I blame the manufacturer of the cartridges. The normal cartridges and the XL are exactly the same size.

George.

I did not mentioned that there are no warnings. Most printers will give a warning "Low Ink" or something. This printer just stops printing without any warning. So, if you try to print a 3 page document, you may get the last page printed + 2 pages with out anything printed.  That's very odd.  All printers give a warning and after the warning there is enough ink to print at least another 30-50 pages. Normally, in the past, a cartridge will last a year and print me about 500 pages (draft quality). I only print a  few pages a week. Use the printer mostly for scanning.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,503 18,411 1,057 1,157
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ink Cardridges

@GeorgeT46

Welcome to HP support community.

We have sent you a private message with the required information to assist you better. Kindly revert.

keep us posted for any other assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation