Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a instant ink with HP Envy 5540.  I haven't had problems with ink before.  The last time I was sent black ink, it said that there was a "Ink Cartridge Problem" when I installed it.  I put an old black cartridge in and it was fine.  I kept hoping a new black one would be sent but I just keep getting tri color.  I went to customer support and followed the instructions on cleaning the copper parts of the cartridge and reinstalling.  It printed one page and then the error came up again.  I've been needing to print for over a week and I'm not sure what else to try.

I saw from other posts that it needs to be resolved specifically by a new ink cartridge being sent?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@essentialmnm

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Are you a subscriber the HP Instant Ink program?  If so, the document here has information on contacting HP to get replacement Instant Ink cartridges.  Log into the HP Instant Ink site, the phone number (or chat option for some countries) will be listed in the lower right of the opening screen. 

Instant ink UK.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@essentialmnm

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem and have tried cleaing the contacts, resetting etc but still no joy. The Support site says try replacing the cartridge but I can't find how to get one on my Instant Ink account - or am I expected to just buy one? Any advice appreciated.

HP Recommended

@GeoffI,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As these are to do with the Instant ink cartridges, I would need to know few details regarding your instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridges sorted.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@GeoffI,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing your Instant ink account details, there definitely seems to be an issue with the color ink cartridges. 

As you have been a valuable customer with HP, I have gone ahead and placed an order for both (black and Tricolor) Ink cartridges through express shipment. 

These cartridges should be delivered in 4 to 6 business days. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Catridges received and I confirm it fixed the issue - many thanks for the support!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.