Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello, I am using a HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One printer. I use only HP ink. This printer was working fine until I was urged to change the color cartridge. After doing so, I received an Ink Cartridge Problem message. It indicated there was a problem with the black ink cartridge. That cartridge is almost full and did not need changing. I spent a whole afternoon going through all trouble shooting advice including installing drivers, cleaning, etc. I still receive the error message. It will not print At All. How can it be  fine one second and be broke the next? I really need help with this as I am at my wits end. Also, there is no way to talk to a real live person, and the virtual assistant was of no real use to me. A solution to my problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @l-m1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, perform step 3 from this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @l-m1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, perform step 3 from this document.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I reported in my original email, I have already tried your suggested solutions. However, these DID NOT solve my problem. I found my own solution by changing the already full ink cartridge with a new one. This worked BUT I feel that I have WASTED MY MONEY. I should not have had to replace a full ink cartridge. Very disappointing as the ink is not cheap. My printer is now working fine though, which is the most important thing. 

HP Recommended

@l-m1 I"m glad its working for now, and hope it continues to do so, if you need anything else, feel free to get back to us anytime,

I understand its frustrating to have replaced the entire cartridge, however, if a certain hardware is faulty, there's nothing much anyone can do about it but replace it, if you had an Instant Ink program the cartridge could have been replaced free of charge: click here for details.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as I ran out of black ink and put in a brand new HP60 black cartridge and got the message cartridge problem. Bought a new HP black cartridge and no more problems. I knew the first NEW cartridge was defective because when I put the old black cartridge in there was no error or message problem with cartridge and it still printed very lightly. Where do I get my money back for the defective cartridge bought at Walmart. It's  not Walmart's fault--they just sold it. HP needs better quality control as lots of people are being ripped off with defective HP cartridges!

Ho;;y

HP Recommended

By the way in my last post I neglected to say that the solution is not the one marked as solution. The solution is BUY ANOTHER CARTRIDGE as first reported by another forum member,

Holly 

HP Recommended

My printer is stuck on "Ink Cartridge(s) Problem" error message, telling me the color cartridge must be replaced, even though I did replace it. How do I reset it? It won't clean the printer cartridges because it won't detect the color one. I've tried all the steps in Kumar0307's 1-18-2020 post. I am enrolled in Instant Ink. What do I do??

HP Recommended

Even though I'm experiencing my first problem, I highly recommend Instant Ink. Buying ink cartridges in the store is not only hyper-expensive (biggest rip-off I have discovered in a long time!), the cartridges HP sends have more ink in them. It has worked just fine for years on this service.

HP Recommended

Hi @VFreeman11

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Did you replace the ink cartridge with an Instant Ink cartridge?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.