Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please consider if your "expert" responses actually add something useful to a thread, or merely contribute to the clutter. Also — I'm offended by your soliciting Kudos when your post didn't contribute anything useful; please use a diferent signature tag when you're offering Kudos to someone else — even better, just click on their respective Kudo button without posting your personal congratulations, as an attempt to solicit unearned kudos for yourself...

This is a technical support forum — not a Facebook popularity contest!!!

HP Recommended

Ink System Failure is obviously a common problem on the C7280 series (and some others) as many people are reporting the same problem. I too have this issue with my C7280.

The 'solution' JohnB keeps posting across every forum post with a description that vaguely matches this post, is a link to an official HP consumer support post on this issue which instructs the user to remove the cartridges, power off the printer, power on the printer and re-install the cartridges. From what I can see, this procedure does not usually resolve the issue and the document then suggests 'Solution Two' which is to return the printer for serivce.

I think what most people are after here, is a more technical description of what the error code actually means and what the cause of the problem is and most importantly, whether it can be easily rectified by someone with moderate technical skills and if the parts required to fix the issue are readily available.

An 'expert' might for example be able to say that the problem caused by a malfunction of the printhead, a sensor, the ink station or that it's a cleaning mechanism issue. They might even provide a link to the Service Guide or Maintenance Information Manual.

In the meantime, we all wait with our otherwise fully functional printers for an actual resolution for this annoying little issue.

HP Recommended

Just to add another dimension to this problem, having found the "switch off and on" solution useless, I checked my local (home) network and the printer appeared absent!

With the printer on, I reset my BT supplied Broadband Hub and hey presto, the printout I was waiting for  was printed after waiting on the print queue for about 20 mins.

Sounds like a printer software network lockup to me.

Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.