Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 210a printer

Ink System Failure

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Kazi thanks for your reply to my problem with my printer the problem started when I cleaned the print head because the printer was printing very faintly  I have tried the thinks you have suggested but it still is not working I get the message Please turn printer Off and then on again with code Oxc19a0022 I have done this several times to no avail so Ihink it must be the print head needs replacing. I am thinking It might be cheaper to by a new printer than to purchase a new print head

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@bricey

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210a and ou get an ink system failure error on it. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any changes take place on the printer, like cartridge replacement, etc?
  • Have you tried to restart the printer and check?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the printer continues to have the ink system failure error then please perform the steps (Step 1 to Step 6) as described in detail from this link.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi thanks for your reply to my problem with my printer the problem started when I cleaned the print head because the printer was printing very faintly  I have tried the thinks you have suggested but it still is not working I get the message Please turn printer Off and then on again with code Oxc19a0022 I have done this several times to no avail so Ihink it must be the print head needs replacing. I am thinking It might be cheaper to by a new printer than to purchase a new print head

HP Recommended

Hi @bricey, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand that the issue persists even after performing the suggested steps. 

The choice of whether purchasing the printhead or to go for a new printer is yours to decide. 

Personally, I would recommend you go for a new printer looking at the age of the printer. 

If you are using an older computer, recommend you check for compatible drivers for your computer before going for a new printer. 

You can contact our phone support for any trade-in options. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and welcome to the HP Forums!

Ink system Failure appears only when there is a problem with your ink cartridges or Print head sytem.

In such cases you may try

1. If you have recently installed new ink cartridges then make sure you have removed plastic strip.

2. Check if you have installed Genuine HP Ink cartridges.

3. Try to do a power cycle, usually it fixes 70% of issues with printer.

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!

Incase the issue persist you may contact Hp Printer support

HP Recommended

It might seem a silly question, but what is a power cycle? 

HP Recommended

well many people doesn't about it.

1. Remove the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is ON.

2. While the power cable is unplugged, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.

3. Release power button after 20seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the printer and turn ON the printer.

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!

Incase the issue persist you may contact Hp Printer support or call us at 1855-995-9960

HP Recommended

Thanks for the idea of pulling out the plug and pressing the power button for 20 seconds but it didn't work. I think it is either a printer head or a new printer. 

HP Recommended

I just spent about $80 for replacement HP ink cartridges and when I installed them, I got the "Ink system failure" error. Now my printer is completely down. I have tried removing/inspecting/replacing the cartridges and the power shutdown procedures. Neither has worked. HP's "solution" to this problem seems to be to buy a new printer. If that is truly my only option, I will definitely NOT be buying an HP next time. These new cartridges, of course, will be worthless.

HP Recommended

Now it is allowing me to print black only, but has rejected the new color cartridges. At least I can print!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.