Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Ho deskjet 2624

I have an HP desk jet 2624 all in one printer and I am having issues with my ink cartridges. It keeps saying that they are out of ink even though they are brand new and just replaced. At first I did it with the color cartridge so I went out and bought a new one after only using it for about three times it does not register that it is there. Now that I have the color one fixed now the black ink cartridge is doing the same thing. I just replaced it with a brand new black ink cartridge and it is still telling me there is no ink in the black cartridge. I know that I am using the correct type of ink as I have had this printer for years. I watched a video and cleaned out the cartridge slots without the ink cartridge in it in case if there is any buildup but that did not work either. I am so frustrated because ink is not cheap and I feel like I am just wasting money. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Gabby111

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your

patience.

If you have already performed the steps from the document Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.