Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
intel core i5
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My HPEnvy 5660 printer has full color and black and white cartridges.  Everything is clean and aligned.  The color ink is light.  The black won't print at all.  I am trying to print documents from my Mac.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black and color not printing properly on your Envy 5660 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black and color not printing properly on your Envy 5660 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I needed to clean the cartridges several times for the black ink to work.  I have been told if I don't use my printer for a few months the ink dries up.  What a waste with almost new cartridges.  Luckily, I think i brought the cartridges back to life.  It's not perfect, but acceptable for now.  Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

Cartridges can sit in the printer unused for a long time, but only under the right conditions.  The following are important for proper storage:

• Make sure the printer is properly turned off from its power switch.  Do not unplug the printer until the printer has had a chance to properly park the printheads.  This may take perhaps thirty seconds.  After turning off the printer wait until all noise from the printer stops before unplugging the printer.
  • Do not store the printer in a location prone to temperature extremes.  Examples of places not to put the printer would be near a window where it could be hit with direct sunlight, or near a heating or cooling vent.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.