Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 110e

HP Envy 110e D411

Brand new, just out of the box printer.

I purchased compatible ink cartridges, not HP brand. When the ink was inserted, I got a message saying that HP recommend using HP inks. There is an OK button to press, but when I do so nothing happens, it just stays on that message screen. I cannot access any other screen on the printer or begin to connect it up to the wifi.

So, when the message says HP recommends using their ink cartridges, does it actually mean that the printer will refuse to work with any other brands?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HilaryPe

Welcome to HP support community.

It is not advised to use non HP cartridges, they are not tested with this printer.

So HP can not grantee the print quality.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HilaryPe

Welcome to HP support community.

It is not advised to use non HP cartridges, they are not tested with this printer.

So HP can not grantee the print quality.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hm, thanks for the reply. I wonder why the message on the printer screen doesn't just say - 'you can't use these'! 

I think I will sell it and get a more versatile printer in terms of cartridge compatibility!

HP Recommended

@HilaryPe

Using the genuine cartridge will give a better print quality and fix this issue.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.