Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

You are so right about the expiring ink cartrifges. I have the same problem with my OfficeJet L7780. I have called HP technical support many times to no avail. Only when I escalated the call the HP's legal department did I get  a partial solution - a procedure that I could follow to allow me to continue printing despite the "low-ink" warning (which by the way results in a complete printer shutdown regardless of the other cartriges' ink level and of course the printer's "disgnostic" page prints in full glorious color.) This is a SCAM design to sell more HP ink cartridged and I admonish those reading this to buy Epson, Minolta, or Konica which do not exibit these problems. Wayne.

HP Recommended

THIS TOPIC IS NOT SOLVED

Same error here. No way in hell I'm buying a new cartridge to replace this. This has been happening every few months and the ink is just fine, I barely use the thing.

Someone please reply with a way to get rid of the error message, I don't need yellow to print in black and white.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.