Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi pcroft,

So will the L7650 take pages in but won't print anything? Or is showing some error message? I presume the printer is out of warranty?

Thanks, Ciara

Troubleshooting print quality issues

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01957673

OJ Pro L7600 series - Solve a problem page

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=ie&dlc=en&lc=en&pro...

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Have an HP Photosmart C7200 All in One Series.  Love this machine up until I keep getting "Ink cartridge expired and past, past expiration date.  Have purchased two new cartridges and it is still rejecting them and won't allow me to print.  What can I do?

HP Recommended
Keep getting "Ink cartridge expired" error and have purchased 2 new cartridges. Rejects both and won't print. Any suggestions. This is so frustrating. Also frustrating that there is no phone number to call for tech support.
HP Recommended

Do you still have the warranty on it, mackadoo? If so, return it, and get a Canon printer. Mine has NEVER complained to me about expired or non-Canon ink cartridges. The Pixma line is crappy, and has its annoying quirks, but it never complains about inks, so get a Non-Pixma Canon incase you can return the HP.

HP Recommended

I just bought 125$ worth of ink jet cartridges and now my D7160 does not work at all. Tried everything. and my hatred of corporation for $$$ just grows. !! Unless I get an anwer from this forum , I am going back to Costco and loudly complaining!!!!!!! SCAM x I billion JPMC

@dh2ack wrote:

While trying to print an airline boarding pass, I receive an error message stating that "ink cratridge nearing expiration". The messgae said to press "OK" to continue printing with this cartridge. The cartridge was not even close to being empty, so I pressed "OK" and nothing happened. The printer would not print at all. I tried to call HP customer service, but was placed on hold for over 20 minutes on a Saturday morning. No answer. So, I hung up. Fortunately, I had a replacement cartridge on hand and, after replacing the old cartridge, I was able to print my boarding pass.

I strongly believe this is a [edited]by HP which is forcing customers to purchase their overpriced ink cartrdges even when it's unneccessary. The printer was working just fine until this error message appeared.[Moderator edited Comment]. The ink expiration date thing is an arbitrary number and has nothing to do with the printer's ability to continue printing. I have proven this fact since after removing the old, functioning ink cartridge, the expriation date read: 07/29/2010! Today is 01/21/2012 and this cartridge as well as all the others in the printer were printing just fine!!! The "new" cartrdige I installed has an expiration date of 02/16/2011 and works perfectly!!! [edited]

, I am going back to COStCO and LOUDLY complaining. [edited]!!!!!

JPMC

HP Recommended

The same thing is happening to me and I have an 6600 officejet.  I have had to replace the ink after 10 copies.. NOT okay when I am spending $60 for the five cartridges... I want to trash this printer unless you can come up with a solution. 

Again, I can't print and just put in a new cartridge last month and haven't printed all month.  SO, why is it out of ink again.

HP Recommended

Me too with my 6600 Officejet

HP Recommended

To JPMC:

Don't blame the peeps at Costco. This ink problem is HP's scam, not Costco's. Direct your complaint to HP. I seriously doubt it will do any good since they make most of their money from ink sales. That's why the printers are so cheap. However, you can buy compatible ink and refill kits from places like Ink Owl online. I threw out my HP 7780, but still have an HP 8800. I buy ink in bulk and refill kits from Ink Owl for all my printers -- Epson, Canon, HP -- it's so much cheaper that way and I save a ton of money.

HP Recommended

Dear Fellow forum members,

i did aim my wrath at HP only to be told I was dishonoring the company. This is a very contemporary responce to blame the victim of products that are excesively priced and do not work for one reason or the other. I am getiing my computers checked as well. Allof this is  because I could not get the printer to function because of starting with "ink experation " and the company recalabrating black only option on their end rather than my computer.

No Justice.

JPMC

HP Recommended

Thanks JPMC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.