Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  HP Desktop app that shows ink supply, scanning features, printer maintenance etc was not compatible with Window 10 so it was necessary to download HPA10 printer remote app that is Windows 10 compatible.. That app shows the printer ink as being full however; the actual printer display window ink icon shows the printer as being low on ink.  Have tried restarting printer and rebooting computer but problem still exists. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome @Sistafatti,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that the ink levels aren't the same. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I would check the ink levels from the printer for a more accurate reading: Checking Ink or Toner Levels. Go to Check from the printer control panel menu. Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. 

If the printer is networked, check the ink levels from the printer's Embedded Web Server. Just type in the printer's IP address into Internet Explorer's web browser.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome @Sistafatti,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that the ink levels aren't the same. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I would check the ink levels from the printer for a more accurate reading: Checking Ink or Toner Levels. Go to Check from the printer control panel menu. Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. 

If the printer is networked, check the ink levels from the printer's Embedded Web Server. Just type in the printer's IP address into Internet Explorer's web browser.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your reply. While your suggestions did not correct the problem of the Ai0 Remote App showing a different ink level reading that the printer screen, your links provided a wealth of information and options to determine the ink level which was very helpful. They also provided an opportunity to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor app which is also a very useful tool. I was also able to check the ink levels from the printer's Embedded Web Server IP address.

I sincerely appreciate the assistance you provided

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.