Did you mean: 
skap
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ink not drying on HP premium photo plus paper

I have an HP Envy 5530 all-in-one printer - purchased new less than 6 months ago.

New HP ink cartridges -  #61 Black and #61 tri-color

New HP Premium Photo Plus paper, soft gloss finish.

I am printing photographs (black + white, and also color photos) and the ink does not dry. I am printing on the correct side of the paper - it is easy to tell as there is an HP logo on the wrong side. The ink just comes right off onto my finger with the slightest touch, even after hours have passed. I had an older HP and never had this problem. I appreciate any suggestions as I am an artist and need to print images that won't just smear when handled.

6 REPLIES 6
Simple1234
Level 7
811 807 70 76
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Did you select the correct media type?
0 Kudos
skap
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I thought I had tried all of the options, but I just tried it again with the glossy photo paper option and it worked! Thank you! The ink dried quickly even. I'm curious - what is the difference in the mechanics?

0 Kudos
Simple1234
Level 7
811 807 70 76
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Well, printers decides how much ink to put down and in what way - all at once or multi pass, etc. based on the type of paper...
0 Kudos
JJ64
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a HP office jet 3830.  I am using HP glossy photo paper.  The ink is the ink that came with the printer when I got it for Christmas.  The ink won't dry.  Even days later it still smears.  My previous HP machine did not have this problem.

allanbj
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

yes

0 Kudos
cadcadcad
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same for me wonder if they change the ink

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation