Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After installing genuine HP 564 cartridges in a Photosmart B209a printer, screen reads incompatible cartridges and printer went into ink system err Oxc19a0042. Have tried unplugging, putting old cartridges in, etc and still won't cancel error and print. These were unused new HP 564 cartridges. Why are they incompatible and what can I do to fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This document about the 0x..... error may help out:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This document about the 0x..... error may help out:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended
Worked beautifully. Thanks. I didn't think cleaning it would resolve incompatible cartridges.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately none of the steps fixed the issue. Is this another case of HP "built in obsoloesence"???? This is the second printer we have had that develops a "fault" after about 12 months which results in discarding the printer and buying a newer model. Maybe it is time to try another brand which may cost more to run but will last at least a reasonable time?

HP Recommended

This article did not help at all.  It only talks about printers with a removable printhead-mine does not have that feature.  Can you help?

HP Recommended

printer  reading there is a problem with the printer or ink system

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.