Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP C410a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In my HP C410a printer, I started getting HP Ink System failure error 0xc19a0020. So replaced all the cartridges with brand new HP branded cartridges. Still keep getting the same error. Did the power reset troubleshooting step. What else can it be ? I made sure all the contacts of the new cartridges are all clean. Additionally, while I resolve this error, is there a way to use the printer as scanner at least ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@praspn 

Hello,

To resolve this incident, please reset the printer as follows:

1. On the front panel of the printer, click simultaneously on * and # simultaneously.
  2. Press 3, 2, and 9 successively.
  3. A hidden menu will appear, click on Service VAx2FN1014AR.
  4. Scroll to Resets Menu, and confirm with OK.
  5. Scroll to OOBE Reset, and confirm with OK.
  6. The printer will turn off, please turn it on again.

Do not hesitate to solicite us if needeed.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the above steps. Now the error message changed to "Lift the latch and re-seat the printhead and then lower the latch". I removed all the cartridges and re-seated it couple of times. Not sure what else to do now.

HP Recommended

@praspn 

Hello,

It is possible that the print head is faulty or out of date.

To remedy this, proceed as follows:

1. On the front panel of the printer, click simultaneously on * and # simultaneously.
  2. Enter special key combo will appear, press 1, 2, and 3 successively.
  3. A hidden menu will appear Support menu.
  4. Scroll to System Configuration Menu, then confirm with OK.
  5. TradeatOOBE will be displayed.
  6. Press OK to display TRADE.
  7. Press the On/Off button once (The printer will not turn off and the screen will display NO TRADE).
  8. Press the back arrow 4 times to return to the printer home screen.
  9. Press the On/Off button to turn it off and then on again.
  10. The message should disappear.

Do not hesitate to solicit us if needeed.

Regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Tried the above steps. Worked till step-8. Currently, displays "No Trade".

Pressing the back arrow 4 times does not seem to do anything.

What am I doing wrong ? (Thanks again for your help)

HP Recommended

@praspn 

Hi and thank you for your return,

Please restart the printer and check if the error is still present.

If the error persists, it indicates a hardware problem with the printer.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needeed.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Same latch error....after power cycle.

HP Recommended

I can't find a print screen to enter * # simultaneously. The model I have is an 8710 if that helps any.

Thank you for your help so far hoping to get it working properly instead of occasionally. It does see the levels  in the cartridges.

HP Recommended

I replaced the printhead. Now the error is gone and the test alignment page got printed. Thanks a lot for the help in the above steps. Though I installed brand new HP branded cartridges, the ink levels are not updated. I wonder if it is because I used a non-hp branded printhead since I did not want to spend too much more money on this printer. (My next printer is going to be non-hp brand !)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.