02-07-2020 03:56 PM
Printer has started making a grinding noise with the print cartridges and error message says "print cartridge cannot move. Open the cartridge access door , clear ny paper jam or obstruction and select OK". There isn't any obstruction and same message comes up every time.
02-10-2020 01:21 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee