Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the All-in-one Officejet 4630, the printing worked even on mobile phones but the scanning didn't work.

It had the latest driver Windows could automatically provide but despite that, scanning didn't work. I tried installing HP's base driver and it got stuck on installing network printer even though it sees it.

After searching around, all answers I could find from HP never solved it.

But I figured it out....

1) Go to "Printers & Scanners"
2) Click on the printer
3) Click on "Remove Device"
4) Restart the installation

You should see two devices now (HP Officejet 4630 series and Fax - HP Officejet 4630 series).  What I believe is that the scanner is part of the fax device and is the reason why I couldn't fax but because it had only the printer device, it couldn't install the fax device. I think this issue should be pushed to the programmers to add a condition to check if all HP device is installed, one of them or none at all.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.