Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installation stuck on installing network printer

Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the All-in-one Officejet 4630, the printing worked even on mobile phones but the scanning didn't work.

It had the latest driver Windows could automatically provide but despite that, scanning didn't work. I tried installing HP's base driver and it got stuck on installing network printer even though it sees it.

After searching around, all answers I could find from HP never solved it.

But I figured it out....

1) Go to "Printers & Scanners"
2) Click on the printer
3) Click on "Remove Device"
4) Restart the installation

You should see two devices now (HP Officejet 4630 series and Fax - HP Officejet 4630 series).  What I believe is that the scanner is part of the fax device and is the reason why I couldn't fax but because it had only the printer device, it couldn't install the fax device. I think this issue should be pushed to the programmers to add a condition to check if all HP device is installed, one of them or none at all.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation